Tuesday 12 April 2011

Banana Hair

I found on a blog  http://aprilbaker23.blogspot.com/2011/03/banana-rama.html a recipe for banana hair conditioner that I thought I would try.  Mostly because my counter was covered in bananas (I don't know how that happened) but also because I have bad hair and love home remedies.
I mixed up the concoction, moistened my hair as instructed and slathered it on.  It smelled nice and felt awful - it was pretty cold and slimy.  There was extra so I thought good for the hair, must also be good for the skin, so on my face it went. 
I didn't have a plastic bag that was large enough so I got a blue recycle bag and wrapped that around my head but thats a lot of bag!  I found duct tape and taped the bag so that it wasn't hanging in my face and, timer set for 45 minutes, went about my chores.  The doorbell rang.

It was a representative from a local church.   He looked scared - not to blame him, I really was not at my best.    He thrust his pamphlet into my hand and ran. That, without a doubt, was the  quickest invitation to meet Jesus I've ever had!

My hair, by the way, looks great!


We live in a beautiful part of the world

this is Archie - he has a smiley face on his hip

No comments: