Saturday 30 April 2011

Flabio

My boys have been doing core training at school.  They are pleased as their hope is to get "six pack"  abs.

"Come on mom, try it" 

 While I am sure I can't make a six pack out of my one sack, I try.

 They laugh - I get the giggles - end of exercise. 

For my exercise routine  I will clench my buttocks and suck in my belly as I stand in the kitchen and prepare meals.  I will get my cardio by running up and down the stairs with the laundry.  I will get my "reps" by pushing around the vacuum cleaner. Yoga stretches will include reaching up to get the cobwebs off the chandelier and tops of the drapes.  Deep bends will include washing the baseboards and picking up stuff that has ended up on the floor. 

 And weightlifting will include hauling my sorry self up off the couch.


I think I will have this for lunch:


 Spiced Pita Pizza
2 large Pita Breads
2 good tsp Marsala Curry Paste  thats not "good" as in tasty (although that is essential) but "good" as in "generous"
1 good tsp Tomato Paste "good" - see above
1 Red  Potato, thinly sliced
1/2 Sweet Potato,  thinly sliced
1 Red Hot Chili, finely diced
2-3 cups Baby Spinach
2 tbsp shredded Coconut
2 tbsp Raisins
Shake or three of Paprika
1-2 tbs Oil - grapeseed or olive

Heat the oven to 390°F
Combine the Marsala curry paste with the tomato paste and spread evenly over the two pitas.  Top with  spinach, one layer of potato and sweet potato slices, sprinkle diced chili, coconut and raisins. Shake on the paprika and drizzle everything with oil.  Put the pizzas in the oven and cook for 15-25 minutes.  Watch the pizzas carefully and remove once the pitas are nice and crispy and the potatoes are cooked.
Cool slightly, cut into wedges and serve with yogurt and chutney.





Here are some more Red Hot Chili Peppers to listen to while you make the pizzas!





1 comment:

Glamour Drops said...

This is the most extraordinary combination and sounds healthy + delicious. I am thinking that even my teenage son might like this!

Enjoying perusing your blog with it's fabulously dry wit.
Virginia from Melbourne Australia