Sunday 24 April 2011

My Day was Pure Joy

Today was a good day.  I didn't start anything on fire. I didn't eat soap (which is a story for another day).  And, no one in my family was doing anything even slightly dangerous that I had to worry about. 
Friends and family came over for visits and dinner.  I was able to do some gardening and hang some fence hangers that I finished firing yesterday.

 I took pictures with my phone - the taking of the pictures was fine but the downloading of the pictures had  me confused.  Those tiny little cards have to come out of the phone and fit into those tiny little things sticking out of the sides of the memory stick and  I can't tell if they are right side up or  backwards -  even with my glasses!
  I think it might be pay back time for making fun of my grandma when she first got a phone in her house.
But my son patiently walked me through the process and  think the next time I have to call for help it will take him half the time.

Here are some of the pictures.
This wall hanger has the hyacinth and daffodils in it that were covered in snow last Monday - I think they survived quite well..






This fence post hanger has forsythia in it - I'm getting a bit tired of forsythia.


These little blue flowers grow in our lawn, I have no idea what they are but when they came into the house they had ants...



And now that jobs are done, dinner is eaten, dishes are washed and farewells have been said I am off to my pottery room - Yahoo!


All I need to know,
I learned from the Easter Bunny!

Don't put all your eggs in one basket.
Everyone needs a friend who is all ears.
There's no such thing as too much chocolate.
All work and no play can make you a basket case.
Let happy thoughts multiply like rabbits.
Some body parts should be floppy.
Keep your paws off of other people's jelly beans.
The grass is always greener in someone else's basket.
The best things in life are still sweet and gooey.
May the joy of the season fill your heart.
And may God bless you.

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

mmmm, nice vase and bouquet, and I love the little blue flowers here too!