Monday 2 May 2011

Hey Terri - Call me..




I am pretty successful at growing plants.  Indoor, outdoor, trees, flowers, shrubs and I love them all.

Several years ago (twenty or twenty five) a  friend wanted her dead plant collection resurrected.  Could I help?  I knew it was an effort in futility but I thought , she asked - I would try.  I was a bit confused about her request as the plants were very common, cheap to replace and had no sentimental value. 
 She brought the plants to me - some she had tried to drown, others were desert-dry, most had no green on them at all.

We had coffee and a visit and off she went, her words trailing off into the night.  "Don't worry if you kill them" 

Huh?


They did not revive.

She was not despondent and did not want her plant pots back.  She was giving up on plants.  I paid no attention to the pots, washed them up and put them in my storage room for the next time I would need a container .  A few years later I packed up my things and moved to BC.  
Fast forward to two weeks ago when I was digging through boxes of crap treasures for the garage sale items, I  found her bowl.





Interesting designs, beautiful colors.  Why hadn't I noticed it before?  I flipped it over as potters do and on the bottom read Danico Made in Denmark 171 J.


I think this bowl was made in the early 1900's and I think I should track her down and return it.  So Terri, where are you now?  What is your married name and should I mail it to you or will you come and pick it up?


Guilt: the gift that keeps on giving.
Erma Bombeck

1 comment:

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh gosh, it is a pretty thing!