Saturday 7 May 2011

They will be in So Much Trouble

I am not big on celebrating special days.  Birthdays, anniversaries, and such.  I don't need gifts or cards and really could just let the day slide by.  A few years ago husband said to me,  "don't we have an anniversary coming up?"  
I checked the calendar.

"Yes, two weeks ago"

At the beginning of our relationship we bought each other presents.  My first gift from him for my birthday was tires; the second was a tune up for my car.  Several years later nothing has changed - this year, for Christmas, I got a new dishwasher.

People expect me to be offended as above mentioned items are on most peoples "This Is Not A Gift!" list.

Not me though - I love getting stuff like that.

I'll take a blender over a bouquet of roses any day .

But the gifts, or the husband, are not the problem.

The problem is the standard I am setting for my boys.  They think everyone is like I am.  They are in for a big awakening. 
A woman I know didn't speak to her husband for two weeks when she didn't get a card for Valentine's Day.  Harsh.

 I know that I am not setting a good example for my boys with their future spouses.  

 So,  sorry boys!
 I hope you are not in the dog house too many times before you learn.




They did ask me what I would like for mothers day and I said,  "I'd like everyone to help me wash the windows tomorrow."

Forecast says heavy rains and, darn it, I knew I shouldn't have specified "tomorrow"!

No comments: