Sunday 19 June 2011

Nice Boy, Snow in June, and Happy Father's Day


Happy Fathers Day all you dads, papas, grandpas, and surrogate fill ins.  Today is your day, enjoy it. 
Our boy's dad is outside vacuuming the inside of the car while his boys sleep.  Later we are going to an antique car show.


When I was a boy of fourteen, my father was so ignorant I could hardly stand to have the old man around.  But when I got to be twenty-one, I was astonished at how much he had learned in seven years.  ~Author unknown, commonly attributed to Mark Twain but no evidence has yet been found for this (Thanks, Garson O'Toole!)



Yesterday I was shocked and amazed.  Younger son did something nice for older son.  Sean had been to a birthday party stayed out till 2 and then had a sleepover at a girls house (friend) and, when he came home at 11 AM, was very tired.

Adam made him a sandwich and lemonade (from lemons!)

I can not help wondering what he might be up to....




These photos below are of our annual summer snow storm.  It's not real snow as you can see but the fluffy seeds from the nasty cottonwood trees.  I had mentioned in an earlier post that I really really dislike these trees.

Pictures of the surrounding air.



The deck where the seeds collect in big pillowy piles.



More debris... 


This is not the last of it - this will go one for about five more days and then the spent seed pods drop.  We will have to wear our bicycle helmets when in the yard as those things hurt when they hit.

I have my suspicions that these trees were planted by the folks at Reactine or Benadryl. or maybe the Kleenex company....



It is not flesh and blood but the heart which makes us fathers and sons.  ~Johann Schiller


No comments: