Saturday 4 June 2011

A Wedding Dress and a Daffodil


It's finally summer! Temperatures are near 26C (that's somewhere in the high mid seventies for you Fahrenheit folks) with only a few white fluffy clouds in a brilliant blue sky.


Today is the wedding that I decided to make a dress for. It did get finished, but it was down to the wire with lots of colorful language thrown in..
The wedding is an outdoor ceremony at her parents farm with the reception at a hotel ballroom.
We can leave the umbrellas at home.


Also today, Sean is participating in the Relay for Life cancer fundraiser. They start at seven tonight and walk all night until seven tomorrow morning. Someone from their team always has to be walking which shouldn't be a stretch as teens would rather be awake at night and sleep during the day (at least that's what we've noticed from our experiences with them). We are pretty proud of him him, he and his team have collected over $2500.


My mom passed away from cancer when I was a young child and unfortunately my sister also has cancer. She smoked so I am going to take this opportunity to say.....

"If you smoke you should quit."
Please.


 
Also, if you can, please donate to your country's cancer research .

1 comment:

Grumpy Grateful Mom said...

I'm so glad our weather is nice--finally. Though, it's crazy I'm planting my garden in June!