Sunday 12 June 2011

Will Power, the Spelling Bee and Tip of the Day

 
Before the oven.
When I got up today it was cold and cloudy.  A great day for baking - I made these.  For the family, I told myself - I would not be eating any of these calorie-laden mounds of goodness.



After the oven.
My resolve not to eat these goodies faded.   Maybe just half of one.....


It still hadn't warmed up so I made this -  blackberry peach pie to follow dinner.



I had to test drive it to see if it was okay.....


It was.



I am sure that the hot steamy days that we are so anxious for are not too far away so I made these paletas  in anticipation.

They are so very good.

Orange Mango,  Pina Colada, Raspberry Blackberry and Pink Lemonade Banana


These aren't as figure friendly as I once thought but they do have have fewer calories than cinnamon buns or blackberry peach pie -  with whipped cream.








I had to go to the farmers market because the only thing not growing in my garden is asparagus.  This is the sign that greeted me at the entrance.


Spell Check anyone?



And lastly- a Tip.


You may recall from a previous post on Banana Hair how I love home remedies. 
We have had several weeks of rain followed by a couple of days of heat which resulted in mosquitoes.

Lots and lots of mosquitoes.
We hate mosquitoes and their itchy bites. 
Now it is not so much of an issue.
The remedy?  Toothpaste.  
A little dab on the bite and no more itch.  

How could I have lived these oh so many years and not have heard of this before now!

Itch free and minty.


3 comments:

Razmataz said...

I've stopped baking for a while because I can;t have sweets right now. That pie looks fabulous....I could eat that for breakfast.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

oh girrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrl, that is some baked goods inDEED!

OneCraftyFox said...

I totally need to taste those... you know, for the sake of your family ;)