Friday 27 April 2012

Black Pearls



I Love Coffee!

I buy the darkest oiliest coffee beans I can find and grind them to make the most delicious cup of coffee I can.  
I usually use a drip pot, sometimes a French Presse, occasionally a cappuchino machine.  
I like it as a frozen frappe concoction with a drizzle of Kahlua.

Don't even get me started on chocolate covered coffee beans.

My name is Joy and I am addicted to coffee.


I also like to paint.
I paint as a method of meditation, to forget about the crap that has happened during the day, to let my mind wander from the crazy corners of stuff I hide away to deal with "later" and, because I really just like to paint.  
I am not good at it, haven't taken lessons  but should, and it really is an excellent excuse  for not cleaning the house.

I drink coffee while I paint.

It's easier to drink coffee and paint than to drink coffee and throw clay on the wheel.

Well, maybe not easier, but not as messy.

So here is the combination of two of my vices - a picture using coffee as the paint.



No comments: