Tuesday 17 April 2012

Love you, Be Good!

I have had a painful neck/back  (shoulder area really) for the last week and a half.

I have been taking various forms of pain pills, hot and cold compresses,  and trying in vain to get a massage from any of the three quite capable pairs of hands in my household.  
Nothing has been working  for pain relief and I figured it's time to call the doctors office.

The most painful of all is that I have been getting zero in the sympathy department from my family.


I have been wracking my brain trying to remember what I did.  
What do I tell the doctor was the cause of my severe pain?  

No, I didn't hurt myself while leaping into action stopping a purse snatcher and I didn't pull a muscle while lifting a car off a toddler,  I also didn't pinch a nerve while rescuing a drowning man.

Then I remembered!  Ah Ha!  Son #1 takes his motorcycle skills test this coming Friday.

So there it is  - it's a stress pain.

He will be on his motorcycle, driving down the highway, without me.

 I won't be there to drop him off at his friends saying, "Be good!", "Don't do drugs!",  "What time do I pick you up?"  "Do you have money?"  "Keep your penis in your pants!"  "Love you!"

He won't miss that, but I sure will...

Is it just me or do they grow up way too fast?



Seriously, has anyone tried acupuncture?  My neck really hurts......

3 comments:

Razmataz said...

I've had accupuncture but on my face..s I can;t guide you on that front. Yes, they grow up so fast...I would be scared too with a motorcycle, but I am scared of them driving at all...even now.

Mark said...

Sorry that you're in pain.
I love that you have that old photo of him on a bike. I mean, I think it's old, right?
Take care of yourself.
m.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Funny, I tell my girls to stay away from penis's....whether they are in or out of ones' pants.
I've never had the kind of pain that you are describing. {although my right shoulder hurts from my purse being too heavy!} Perhaps a real massage? From a professional? Or take a day or two off from taking care of the people who aren't giving you sympathy. :)
Best of luck on the motorcycle driver, that scares the beejeesus out of me!
Feel better!