Monday 4 June 2012

Little Things

smile smile smile



Life is filled with commitments and obligations, stress and tension. 

I was going over my to do list in my head after I dropped Son #2 at school.

I was stopped at the intersection and I was going to be late for work.

Cars, trucks, kids on bikes, kids on scooters, my kid on his motorcycle (wave hello!)

Everyone in my way.

I spot an opening - just after this big 4 x 4 350 diesel work truck. 
 I am craning my neck trying to see past the bushes to make sure all is clear once this truck turns.  

$hit! another kid on a scooter. 

 I sit back, breathe slightly, kid passes, the big truck turns and driver gives me a nice smile and little wave.

That little gesture turned my day around.

I am still smiling, still feel good and tried to pass on that smile to other drivers I saw on the rest of my trip into work.

It truly is the little things that make a difference



Smile, smile, smile !!!



5 comments:

Mark said...

Good for you!
I'll take up your Cause now
m.

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OHMYGOSH! Well, surviving another day :) I wanna make smiley crackers too!

Joanne Noragon said...

Good for him. Good for you. The little acknowledgement goes a mile, doesn't it.

Busy Bee Suz said...

That is awesome! I love it when one little move/word/smile can change your day!

OneCraftyFox said...

Aww, LUVS this!! I have had a few moments like that which completely made me smile. It always brightens my day when the kids who play street hockey wave as you interrupt their game... lol

Have a wonderful end of week.
:) Diana

PS, crazy how similar our lives are!!