Friday 31 August 2012

One, Two,Three, and another and another and....

The last long weekend of the summer is coming up and I am a bit annoyed that summer has passed by so quickly. 
It seems like just yesterday that I was telling you that the spring snow melt was trying to take out our bridge.


The boys go back to school on Tuesday - one to Grade 12 and the other to Grade 9 .
They are excited, they like school.

 Time passes too quickly.   Just as they are getting interesting it will be time for them to move on.
I am not happy.

But I still have flowers!


They are full of pollen and since I brought them into the house we are all sneezing and the stocks in Reactine must have gone up substantially.




The seed  package said they were ornamental sunflowers for a cutting garden but they grew so tall I need a tree-limber to cut the blossoms off.

Son #2 suggested I plant runner beans next year and that way he can sneak out from his bedroom window.

(right - that will happen)


Son #1 bought himself a car in anticipation of passing his drivers road test at the end of November.
He worked really hard, and gave up a lot of teenage time with his buddies and the girlies, to get this car.

Here's The Husband showing him how to check fluid levels.






I made him a shirt - and no, VW, relax, I will not be selling these on the black market.




Since he can't drive it on his own  for a few months he drives with the 'rents and last night offered to drive us to town for Frostys.


One the way home Son #2 said, "Hey! now that you have a car, can I buy your motorcycle?"

(this is not a face you can trust - he is quite devious!)

oh, dear....
There will be no runner bean plants next year.

I'm not going to make sneaking out, and driving off, easy for him.

My plans for this last long weekend of the summer?  Counting all the new gray hairs on my head.

Anything special for you?




3 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

When my older brother bought a car my younger brother bought his bicycle. Your boys would laugh about that. Or roll their eyes.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Nice car! And so SHINY! Looks like someone has been lovingly polishing it over and over and over . . . !

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh, those flowers are gorgeous....and LARGE!
I agree...don't give #2 any help on escaping the house.
Lindsay has a volkswagon and LOVES it. I have a German car as well and will never complain either.
Please, whatever you do, sell that danggummed motorcycle; I'm getting gray hairs just thinking about it!
We started school 2 weeks ago---why do the fun things fly so fast and the bad stuff lingers for eternity?
Our weekend? I don't know yet, I'll tell you later.
xoxo