Thursday 16 August 2012

She Calls me Brenda - That's Not My Name

I don't know what to say any more.

She has been calling me Brenda since 2003.

I know she has me confused with another woman from the elementary school in our neighborhood who's name really is Brenda.

Today she ran across the parking lot, "Brenda!, Brenda!"

I paid no attention because I respond to Mom or Joy.
and  sometimes "Hey!"

She must think I have a hearing problem.
It matches her remembering problem.

Sheila,  For the Millionth time!  That's Not My Name!


3 comments:

Debra She Who Seeks said...

I get called "Brenda" a lot too. I don't know why that is, either.

Mark said...

Maybe it would just be easier if you changed your name. ha!
Too funny!
m.
p.s. No one has ever called me Brenda.

Busy Bee Suz said...

Oh my gosh...I would never take you for a Brenda.
Mary? Jessica? maybe...but never Brenda.
SO funny.
xoxox

http://daybydaywithsuz.blogspot.com/2011/04/thats-not-my-name.html