Monday 8 October 2012

If you Smell Smoke - Dinner must be Ready.



This is startng to be a Holiday dinner tradition.
One I'd rather not honor.

It's a Joy Moment 
 Gas stove and oven mitts - first I notice the smell, then the heat, then the flames and then I shriek.

 Son #1 put out the fire by whacking at it with a dinner fork - ineffective really - all the while saying, "mommy! you're on fire."



 You will see from the condition of the oven mitt that this is not the first time the gas flame has ignited the mitt.

Sad really.

4 comments:

Joanne Noragon said...

There's lotsa life left in that mitt. Carry on!

Gary's third pottery blog said...

OH NO, you didn't!

Debra She Who Seeks said...

Yeah, we've got scorch marks on our oven mitts too. Yikes!

I hope you had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner anyway!

Busy Bee Suz said...

So, your son tried to 'fork' your fire???
I'd say that your family needs a little class in emergency 101!! LOL :)
Sadly, my oven mitts look similar, but we don't have a gas oven. ?!?!?!