Friday 16 November 2012

Stuff About Nothing and No More Word Verification

They said they didn't want to do this again this year - that they are getting too old.
I made this thing when Son #1 was two and Son #2 was on the way.
It took me hours to make those characters - by the time I got to the cow and camels I knew proportion was not an option.

Let's just call this 'folk art'


I knew this was coming - last year the Wise Men were standing on their heads, the camels were perched on the palm tree trunks and we had sheep in the sky instead of angels and stars.


I think instead of putting chocolate in each pocket (along with the figure to put in the nativity scene) I will put money into the pockets.
That should spark the desire to carry on this tradition.
Bribery, you are my friend.

And boys, when I said "Grow Up!"  I did not mean giving up stuff like this.




It's winter here and pretty nice.  
Son #1 likes to take photos and this is a picture he took in the hills near our house.  

The doe and her two babies  went about their daily activities while photos were taken of them.  They were aware that Sean was there but seemed not to care.  
He has 30 minutes of pictures and this one is my favourite. 
 I love how her tongue is licking the lichen off the tree branch.


Photo: Early morning snow hike. Found a friend





My niece and her husband are expecting a baby in less than  2 weeks. 


 I'm excited - even though I am almost 3000 miles away from them.  
I have been sewing and making baby things - this is the quilt I sent.  
The nursery has a dog theme.
Their baby is a boy!

Photo: It's finished and will be in the mail tomorrow.


This is some of the other stuff I made.





My pottery room is full (over-full really) of items that need to be glazed.
Lots of beads and pendants for jewelry - fussy, piddly stuff.

To go with these that are waiting to be strung.



Many of these are Christmas orders.
 I hate the glazing process.
Maybe I'd like it more if my pottery room wasn't the size of a closet.

I am stalling and putting it off..

Procrastination, you are not my friend.
I should do something about that.

Maybe tomorrow.





I'm going to Les Ballet Jazz de Montreal with The Ladies on Tuesday night - so excited!



I know I will try some of their moves once I leave the building.
 I hope for full black-out darkness when I try this leap.
 I know it will not be successful.
Or pretty.


And now I am leaving the house to go and pick up Son #1 from Silver Star Mountain Resort where he spent the night with 27 other people in his friend's dad's new condo.
I hope the condo is still in respectable condition when they leave.

I can't wait until he passes his N driver road test - two more weeks!!
Fingers are crossed that he doesn't make any mistakes - his friend hit a pedestrian - just a small nudge but a failure none the less.
I sympathize as did the same to a State Trooper in a Key West Florida gas station.

He was very nice and only limped for a short time.

Like an old car that needs a tune up, I have run-on.
So I'll chug to a stop now.

Have a great weekend everyone.

and....
word verification is off and comment moderation is on.
Whew! what an ordeal it is dealing with computer robots.


5 comments:

Joyful Things said...

Test comment to see if I can ditch word verification.

Debra She Who Seeks said...

The wee doggy baby blanket is SO cute! As is your Advent Calendar -- those boys will fight over it someday, each wanting it to carry on the tradition with their own kids. Don't let their current flippancy fool you, Mom!

Joanne Noragon said...

What a lovely little jog through your life. I'm torn between the advent calendar and the doe for first place. All is lovely.

Kellie @ Delightfully Ludicrous said...

I used to love advent calendars when I was a kid! I'm pretty sure my mother stopped getting them rather than me outgrowing them. Hell, if I didn't think it would be weird I'd be tempted to get one for myself now!

Busy Bee Suz said...

Love the quilt and all the other goodies you have created. YOU are going to be a 'great' aunt!
I love the deer photo too; he has mad photo skills.
It pains me when the girls don't want to follow those old family traditions too; I finally gave up that visit with Santa at the mall a few years ago. :) I DO believe the $$ will work for your boys though.
I hope the ballet was fun and not painful for you.
XO